Scholarships for doctoral study are highly sought after by many students. So, here are 200 University of Otago Scholarships 2022 in New Zealand for Master’s and Doctoral Degree Programs in Master’s and Doctoral Degrees. All nationalities are welcome to apply. Otago University will award 200 Master’s, PHD, and professional degrees. There are scholarships available at the University of Otago for international students pursuing PhD degrees. The Scholarship is Open to Students From the United States and Abroad.
In addition to a Ph.D., candidates for professional doctorates are also encouraged to apply. In general, the New Zealand Government places a high value on the country’s educational infrastructure. Even without an English Language Certificate, you can now study abroad. To see a list of European countries where you can study abroad without having to take the IELTS or TOEFL, click here. The University Council, on the suggestion of the Senate, awards doctorate scholarships to students enrolled in a PhD programme at this institution.
On the suggestion of the Senate, the University Council awards Masters’ Scholarships to students in their first year of thesis research for a Master’s degree, which qualifies them for admission to this university’s PhD programme. Scholarships for students pursuing their first research-based Master’s degree are only offered to those who meet the eligibility requirements. Studying abroad in New Zealand will provide you with a wide range of experiences that will enrich your life. Get an education for free in some of Europe’s Most Desirable Destinations!
University of Otago Scholarships 2022 in NewZealand Details
- Degree: MS & PHD & Professional Doctorate Degree
- Country: New Zealand
- Deadline: Open Now
List of Scholarships
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago Māori Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago Pacific Islands Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago Special Health Research Scholarship
- University of Otago-China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarships
- University of Otago City of Literature PhD Scholarship
- University of Otago Master’s Research Scholarship
- University of Otago Māori Master’s Research Scholarship
- University of Otago Pacific Islands Master’s Research Scholarship
- University of Otago International Master’s Research Scholarship
- Divisional Scholarship – Division of Sciences
- Alliance Group Postgraduate Scholarship
- Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship
- Bruggeman Postgraduate Scholarship in Classics
- Daniel Taylor Senior Scholarship in Philosophy
- David Renfrew White Scholarship in Education
- Dr Sulaiman Daud 125th Jubilee Postgraduate Scholarship
- Duffus Lubecki Postgraduate Scholarship in Applied Science
- Fanny Evans Postgraduate Scholarship for Women
- Gilbert M Tothill Scholarship in Psychological Medicine
- Jack Bradshaw Scholarship in Geology
- James Park Scholarship
- John Edmond Postgraduate Scholarship for Industrial Research in Chemistry
- Macandrew-Stout Postgraduate Scholarship in Economics
- Otago Council Inc Scholarship inScience
- R & E Seelye Trust Master’s Scholarship
- Senior Smeaton Scholarship in Experimental Science
- Tassell Cancer Research Scholarship
- Waddell Smith Postgraduate Scholarship
- Williamson Medical Research PhD Scholarship
Doctoral and Research Masters’ scholarships consist of the following components for the tenure of the scholarship.
- A tuition fee waiver
- For students studying on campus in New Zealand, or with approved distance study in New Zealand, a living allowance paid in equal monthlyinstalments for the tenure period of the Scholarship.
- Funded by the University of Otago For doctoral students not otherwise provided for by scholarships in this schedule. The current value of this scholarship is $28,600 per year.
Doctoral and Masters’ scholarships will be awarded on the basis of
- The applicant’s academic record
- Certificate of Proficiency
- The applicant’s potential for, or record of,research.
- The recommendation and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.
- International candidates studying for professional doctorates are eligible to apply but if awarded a scholarship the tuition fee waiver will be provided
- In the case of applicants for a doctoral scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application for admission to the relevant doctoral programme and completion of the enrolment procedure.
- In the case of applicants for a Master’s scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application to register as a Master’s candidate and completion of the enrolment procedure.
- A doctoral or Master’s scholarship may be awarded with full-time or part-time tenure. Part- time tenure will only be granted in cases where full-time study is not practicably possible.
- During tenure of the scholarship, the candidate must undertake research in Dunedin or at the University of Otago, Christchurch or University of Otago, Wellington.
- Tenure of a doctoral scholarship isfor three full-time years
- Tenure of a Master’s scholarship is for one full-time year.
How To Apply?
Selection is based predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research.
However Application process is online. You need to go through Official Notice of the scholarship.